Author Topic: How to add photos to your posts  (Read 1491 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How to add photos to your posts
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:03:25 PM »
OutdoorTripReports host photos but there is a better way to add them to your TRs.
First upload your photos to the internet using another host.  Such as flickr, photobucket, of facebook. 
Here are the instructions for including a photo in your Trip Report
1 Select the button for images and image tags will appear:

2 Then open a new browser window with the photo you wish to include ( I am using flickr as my photo host see note below *)
3 Right Click on the photo you would like to include in your post and select properties from the pop-up

4 From the Properties pop-up Copy the URL Address

5 Paste the URL Address in between the image tags in your post

The photo will now show up in your post.  This process will work with most photo formats that are on the internet.

* Note on flickr you must choose a size by right clicking on your picture and have it open in a new page before following the instructions above. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:49:26 AM by surf88 »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to add photos to your posts -Gallery Just added!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »
I have just added a gallery to the site.  All members should be able to create new categories and upload photos to this gallery.  The max upload size is 2MB at this time.  I hope to increase it once I figure out how.  So for now you will probably have to resize your photos from modern digital cameras in paint or photoshop to be able to upload them.  Cell phone and older digital camera pics are probably under 2mb.

I've found the best size to resize to for posting is 1024 x 768 pixels.

Try out the new Gallery
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:47:00 AM by admin »