Author Topic: Yeah..... I Know.. I saw the weather up there.  (Read 1118 times)

surf88

• Global Moderator
  • Guide
    • View Profile
Yeah..... I Know.. I saw the weather up there.
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:17 PM »
Tim and I had originally planned a prezi traverse for this weekend.  Plans changed. 
Turns out the weather couldnt be more perfect for a winter attempt than whats going on up there this weekend.
 :'(
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”

My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/

surf88

• Global Moderator
  • Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah..... I Know.. I saw the weather up there.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »
Today was the first day I didnt feel sick anymore.  So, I spent the day today second guessing if I could have made a trip up north this weekend.  After meeting and service today I went for a lap on my regular route around N. Unc.  Even though I know longer feel sick, I was so low on energy I felt like I was gonna die as I pushed my hardest on the way up the mountain. I took no breaks just kept pushing.  This route normally takes me between 30 and 31 mins round trip of sustainable pushing if I dont stop at the top.  Today it took me 38 mins and 50 seconds and I felt like I was pushing harder than I could sustain the whole time.  I made a good decision not to go on any big mountain trips this weekend, My little hike today prooved it to me.
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”

My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/

Tim Oglesby

• Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah..... I Know.. I saw the weather up there.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:40:55 PM »
the real test, were you carring over night gear, water and food? The lack of snow up there was enough to give me a depressed feeling. Spring time came too soon for me this year.