Author Topic: Bigelow Hollow plus a stop on the way home.  (Read 1915 times)

surf88

• Global Moderator
  • Guide
    • View Profile
Bigelow Hollow plus a stop on the way home.
« on: September 14, 2012, 09:38:47 AM »
Wednesday I went down to CT to my parents house to visit Lee before she flew back home to Utah.  We went for a hike around the Lake at Bigelow Hollow State Park.  It was really pretty there and the water was very clear.  It seems like a nice place to go Kayaking and swimming.  We hiked on the blue and white trail that followed the shoreline of the lake for 1.8 miles

Lee had to leave for the airport around noon so I left for home.  I come home on Rt 13 through Brookline, and since it was still early on the way home I stopped at Rock Raymond and went for a little hike and climbed around for a bit on the overhanging boulder. I think the route was called Lunch Money if I remember right.

I Hiked on the upper railroad bed to almost where it ends, and then scrambled up the slabby cliff to the summit of Rock Raymond.  The weather was super beautiful, and it was nice to sit on the summit and think of bygone memories from this area.  I then  hiked down the snowmobile trail that we used to ski on back to my car.
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”

My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/

Gatto

• Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Bigelow Hollow plus a stop on the way home.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:23:59 AM »
You are right , Lunch Money. I should go there now and then,  but it is a shorter walk to the climbing wall.