Author Topic: advanced notice up date  (Read 1436 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tim Oglesby

  • Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 550
  • Reputation: +0/-0
    • View Profile
advanced notice up date
« on: February 01, 2013, 05:55:35 AM »
My trip planned for the 2nd saturday night and sunday climb on Washington is off. I can not miss the meeting after all. So I am now thinking the 4th saturday, going up friday after work and going saturday and be home for the meeting on sunday.

surf88

  • Global Moderator
  • Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 769
  • Reputation: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: advanced notice up date
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:34:16 AM »
I should be able to do this, my physical therapy on my acchilles is working awesome and I really need to get up Washington soon. It looks like the moon is going to be almost full that weekend, so if its clear camping will be awesome. You planning on staying at a car camping spot like barnes field on dolly copp rd or hiking in and camping friday?
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”
 
My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/

Tim Oglesby

  • Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 550
  • Reputation: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: advanced notice up date
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 07:11:18 PM »
I was planning on hiking into the shelter like we had done last year.

surf88

  • Global Moderator
  • Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 769
  • Reputation: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: advanced notice up date
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
You want to meet up somewhere friday afternoon and drive up together?  What time?
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”
 
My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/

Tim Oglesby

  • Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 550
  • Reputation: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: advanced notice up date
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 05:44:41 AM »
Lets meet up in n conway at horse feathers for dinner. I am going to try to get done with work as soon as i can but right now I don't know when that is . Bring your face mask and bivy for the three sided shelter its going to be windy i think.

surf88

  • Global Moderator
  • Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 769
  • Reputation: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: advanced notice up date
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 12:10:43 PM »
I dont have a bivy sack, but its supposed to be beautiful friday night with barely any wind.  I'll be fine in the lean-to in my -20 bag. I'll bring a tarp too.  Last time I was chilly because I only had my +20 bag. 
Its going to be almost full moon for the hike in, It should be pretty brite. The clouds are supposed to start moving in mid-morning saturday.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:30:49 PM by surf88 »
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”
 
My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/

surf88

  • Global Moderator
  • Guide
  • *****
  • Posts: 769
  • Reputation: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: advanced notice up date
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 07:17:31 AM »
MW OBS Forecast for the summit for tonight and tommorow:
Quote
Tonight:

In the clear under increasingly cloudy skies. Wind chills 0-10 below.

Lows: Lower 10s°F

Wind: S 5-15 mph increasing to 10-25 mph

Tomorrow:

Becoming in the clouds w/ snow likely later. Wind chills 0-10 above.

Highs: Around 20°F

Wind: S 15-30 mph w/ higher gusts likely
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:19:12 AM by surf88 »
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”
 
My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/