Author Topic: A walk in my yard  (Read 1794 times)

ulotrichous-scot

• Guide
    • View Profile
A walk in my yard
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:36:44 PM »
         Tonight I really wanted to hike to the top of the little hill out behind my house. To get there I would half to go threw about a mile of very thick small pine trees. I grabbed my machete and my orange hat and headed out. After I heard the third gun shot in about ten minouts I decided that I would leave these woods to the deer and hunters! So after having to fight my way out of the woods on what I could have sworn was a shortcut I had about one hour before dark, so I thought that was just enough time to find a surveyors pin in my front yard that I had looked for for hours and not found. this area is covered with a thick hardwood and pricker forrest witch I knew my machete would get a good workout. After about 35 minouts I saw a faded peace of pink ribbon on a branch I was about to whack. I looked down and there it was, a little iron pole. It was time to head in.

Gatto

• Guide
    • View Profile
Re: A walk in my yard
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:48:10 AM »
This post should have been named  A walk in the jungle . You have to watch out for hunter down there because every thing looks like a deer, even when it's wearing an orange hat.

surf88

• Global Moderator
  • Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 11:19:51 AM »
We are going to try to make it down to North Carolina in Feb.  I would like to make it to the Mountains while there.  How many hours from your place to where the AT is.
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”

My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/

Emily

• Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 08:20:11 AM »
Jan, we's going the second week in January..

surf88

• Global Moderator
  • Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 08:55:09 AM »
Oh ok.
“Hey, is anyone up for a really stupid adventure? I sorta have an idea where we’re going, but really don’t know if we’ll get there or how this will work out. You have a headlamp right?”

My Blog:
http://www.outdoortripreports.com/posts/

ulotrichous-scot

• Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:12:08 AM »
Mount Mitchel is about 4 hours away. The AT is anywere between 4 and 7 hours. And as for waring orange all i think that dose is make it easier for the hunters to get you!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:17:59 AM by ulotrichous-scot »

Gatto

• Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 10:10:02 AM »
Maybe you can go hunting and catch a deer.

ulotrichous-scot

• Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
I will work on it and let you know how it goes!